Rugby is well known for its ability to affect lives of youth for the better. So, in communities where there is a lack of facilities and adult guidance to whom youth can turn, building rugby teams offers an unrivaled opportunity to bring youth together, with qualified adults, to build character and improve their physical and mental well-being.The Belize Rugby Football Union wishes to engage with youth in such circumstances, using a programme based on the five core values of rugby (Respect, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork and Discipline), to build teams and organize community-based competitions.The ultimate objective is to encourage the youth to join a local district rugby club, perhaps even the youth national rugby team, and go compete in the Olympics. Essentially, we want to help youth, through sport, to become well balanced, disciplined, reliable individuals ready to help build their communities in which they live.
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Implementation / On the market
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- Lack of sporting options that focus on and develop youth as individuals, with the aim of building character that enables options for their future to be contributing members of their communities.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Coaching of rugby; developing local teams; organising competitive games.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- All youth across the country. We are already in many communities, we are planning on broadening our reach through community youth groups, schools and youth movements.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- No, other than through ticketed games, as we offer free coaching classes and training sessions.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Challenge Rugby"